Driving Record Translation

Immigration & Customs Enforcement officials have notified an American citizen that they will suspend the deportation of his Venezuelan husband this Thursday, after months of anxiety and legal document translation. The move is a first for the Department of Homeland Security and comes amid speculation that President Barack Obama may suspend the deportation of all same-sex spouses from the country.

Henry Velandia, a professional dancer from Venezuela, married his husband Josh Vandiver, a college student, in Connecticut, where same-sex marriage is legal. They currently reside in New Jersey, which does not recognize same-sex unions.

However, that makes little difference – despite all the legal document translation the couple obtained, they still cannot get around the Defense of Marriage Act. The much-maligned law, passed during Bill Clinton’s presidency in 1996, imposes a federal definition of marriage as between a man and a woman.

Attorney General Eric Holder had intervened in a similar case held by the Board of Immigration Appeals, where an immigration judge used DoMA to attempt to deport gay man from Ireland, splitting him from his spouse. The judge in that case halted proceedings; the judge in Velandia’s case stopped his review after the decision, waiting for clarification from Holder.

ICE, part of Homeland Security, announced the decision by indicating they would have discretion in deciding whether to suspend deportations of same-sex spouses in the future. Therefore, it is possible that if you obtain the correct legal document translation services, in the future you may be able to immigrate to the United States even if you are in a same-sex marriage. In the mean time, it’s comfort to similar married couples that their union will not be split due to an overly harsh law.

For all your legal document translation needs, such as marriage certificate translation, birth certificate, or more, contact the professionals at My Certified Translations. We have been performing accurate translation since 1980 – and have never had a translation rejected by USCIS. For your legal document translation, contact us at 800-281-5084 or visit our free instant quote page.


Order a certified translation of your driving record for your Zipcar application. 24 hour delivery!

Contact My Certified Translations to apply for Zipcar despite your non-English driving record. 

Cars are expensive: between maintenance, repairs, gasoline, and insurance, it’s a wonder that anyone can afford to drive! Services such as Zipcar eliminate the hassle by letting you share issued vehicles with others. But, you may ask, how to get Zipcar if my driving record is in Spanish or another language?

Zipcar offers low fees for those who need the convenience and flexibility of owning a vehicle but don’t want to deal with the upkeep and cost of owning your own car. It’s handy to get Zipcar even if your driving record is in Spanish. After signing up, members reserve vehicles at locations all over the country. Then you report to the car (with your specially issued Zipcard) at your chosen time, hold the car to the windshield, and – voila! – the car doors open! You then go on your way, secure in the fact that Zipcar covers all your gasoline and insurance fees.

However, if you have a foreign driver’s license, Zipcar does require that you provide the driving records from your country to use their services. The documents must contain proof of your driving record and not just that you have a license. Most importantly, if the driving records are not in English, to get a Zipcar, your driving record must be translated and notarized. So, to get a Zipcar if my driving record is in Spanish, I would contact a translation service!

So, if you’re wondering, “How to get Zipcar if my driving record is in Spanish,” make sure that the translation service you’re contacting has experience in translating documents from Spanish to English. A translation service that can offer a notarized driving record would be a great one-stop service – you get more bang for your buck!

Contact My Certified Translations to apply for Zipcar despite your non-English driving record. For over 30 years we have been serving people from all across the globe with certified translation services, including driving record translations. Click here to receive a free quote, and remember that My Certified Translations can accommodate all requests, even if you need a next-day translation. And happy driving!